Polycarbonates belong to the family of thermoplastic polymers and are widely used in many fields.
PC are a group of thermoplastic polymers containing carbonate groups in their chemical structures.
Polycarbonate sheets are classified into different groups based on their appearance and technical specifications.
Types of Polycarbonate Sheets:
- Double-walled polycarbonate sheets: Double-walled polycarbonate sheets can be used indoors and outdoors. For external use, the UV-resistant layer is co-extruded on one side of the sheet.
- Flat polycarbonate sheets: These products have a high safety factor and ideal performance for glass replacement uses. In addition to their lightweight and colorfastness, these sheets have a very high impact resistance (almost unbreakable) and reduce the risk of glass breakage to zero in the event of an accident.
- Multi-walled polycarbonate sheets: Multi-walled sheets create channels in the internal structure that the presence of air between these channels gives them thermal and sound insulation properties and thus increases energy efficiency. These sheets, despite their strong polymer structure, have good bending properties.
- Corrugated polycarbonate sheets: These sheets have special mechanical properties, flexibility, lightweight, high safety, and easy installation, which have been widely welcomed by customers.
Polycarbonate Sheet has many benefits such as:
- Virtually Unbreakable
- High Impact Resistance
- High Clarity and Light Transmission
- UV Protective Layer (1 or 2 sided)
- High Flame Resistance
- Half the Weight of Glass
- Easy to Machine, Handle and Install
The main uses of these sheets are in covering the roof of the greenhouse, pedestrian bridges, sheds, and walls of industrial projects along with sandwich panels.
- Transportation Industry
- Applications of Glass
- Safety Glass Function
- Ceiling Windows, Partitions, Decorative Domes, Chamber Construction
- Outdoor or Indoor Stadiums
- Meeting Rooms